We take the security and privacy of your personal information seriously. We employ industry-standard security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The Personal Information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your full name, email address, age, mobile phone number, Username, password, address and other registration information.
- Personal health information provided by you and AfyaHealthcare services, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, health insurance and other health related information
- Billing information that you provide us.
- For doctors and nurses, we shall collect information about your employment, such as your job title, practice area, primary specialty, and medical license status, gender, date of birth, languages spoken, educational background, address, photograph, National Identity number, professional license information and bank account information and other relevant information.
- Any other information you provide to us or input into the Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect online for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- Respond to your requests for products, services, and information
- Provide the Services and for quality assessment and improvement
- Contact you
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
- Analyse the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise in accordance with our Terms Conditions and for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTY
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction such as:
- Healthcare providers, insurance companies, and other healthcare-related entities. We may share your information with other health care providers, laboratories, government agencies, insurance companies, organ procurement organizations, medical examiners or funeral directors, and other entities relevant to providing you with treatment options and support.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct-mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting) advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Research partners: We may share your information with our research partners to conduct health-related research; such sharing may be subject to your separate written authorization.
- Corporate affiliates: We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
- Business transfers: We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes : We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of AfyaHealthcare, our affiliates, users, or the public. If we are legally compelled to disclose information about you to a third party, we will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us.
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
- Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a health care provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the government where you are located.
- Security. We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. Specifically, the Site is protected by SSL 3.0 technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using this Site, as with all electronic communications there are some risks such as
- (i) failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the internet; and
- (ii) no guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the Internet can be assured due to potentially un-secured computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet.
- Modification of Information: You can update some of your personal information through our Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly.
- Deletion of Information. You can close your online account by emailing us at email@example.com If you close your account, we will no longer use your online account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
- Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Special Note about Children and Minors: CONSULT-AFYA TELEHEALTH does not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Site or use the Services. If you are below the age of 18 you are not permitted to use this Site or the Services.